[IP] re: emily miggins profile

Emily--think positive, I'VE BEEN USING HUMALOG IN MY DISETRONIC PUMP FOR
OVER 2 YEARS NOW, AND I LOVE IT. IT JUST SEEMS TO DO THE JOB QUICK AND
EASY,
AND I DON'T HAVE TO USE AS MUCH OF A BOLUS AS I WAS WITH THE OTHER.
BEING A
NURSE, AND WORKING 12 HOUR SHIFTS, I HAD MORE TROUBLE WITH MY LO'S
THAN
ANYTHING BEFORE THE PUMP. YOU NEVER KNEW WHAT TIME YOU WOULD GET
TO EAT, IF
YOU WOULD GET ANY KIND OF BREAK, OR EVEN FIND TIME TO GO TO THE
RESTROOM
YOURSELF, CAUSE WE WERE SO BUSY TAKING CARE OF THE PATIENTS. WHEN I
WAS
TAKING SHOTS, IT WOULD PEAK AND I'D START CRASHING, BUT STILL TAKING
BLOOD
PRESSURES. THE GIRLS ON THE FLOOR, COULD SEE IT IN MY EYES AND HEAR ME
START
RAMBLING. THE CHARGE NURSE WOULD TELL ME "STOP" YOUR BLOOD SUGAR
IS GOING.
GET SOMETHING INTO YOUR BODY. THAT'S WHEN I WAS SAVED BY THE PUMP.
MY
DAUGHTER TOLD ME TO "GO FOR IT" AND I DID. IT WAS THE BEST DECISION I
EVER
MADE IN MY LIFE, I WOULDN'T GO BACK TO TAKING 4 SHOTS A DAY FOR ANY
AMOUNT
OF MONEY. AND I WAS STARTED ON THE HUMALOG ABOUT A MONTH AFTER I
WAS STARTED
ON THE PUMP. I GUESS I LUCKED OUT, DISETRONIC SENT A NURSE
REPRESENTATIVE TO
THE ENDO OFFICE AND SAT WITH ME FOR OVER 8 HOURS TEACHING ME HOW
TO USE THE
PUMP, COUNT CARBS, AND WHAT TO DO WHEN AND IF. SHE WAS GREAT, AND I
COULD
CALL HER ANY TIME I NEEDED HER. I STARTED ON THE PUMP JUNE 3RD,'96 AND
FLEW
DOWN HERE TO VISIT MY MOM ON THE 5TH! THE ENDO TOLD ME I WAS ONLY A
PHONE
CALL AWAY NO MATTER WHERE I WAS, "GO". SORRY I GO WINDED, BUT I DO
BELEIVE
THERE ARE GOOD HEALTHCARE WORKERS OUT THERE, CAUSE I'M ONE OF
THEM. I JUST
FORMED AN INSULIN PUMP SUPPORT GROUP AT THE HOSPITAL I WORK AT, AND
THE
RESPONSE IS GREAT!!! WE ALL NEED SOMEONE IN THE SAME SITUATION
SOMETIMES TO
UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEMS, AND NEEDS. I WILL HELP GETTING ANYTHING
PASTED IN
THE GOVERNMENT TO HELP ALL THE DIABETICS, IT IS A HANDICAP, BUT
EDUCATED
OURSELVES, AND ARE OVERCOMING IT. KEEP IN TOUCH.

DX:"JUVENILE DIABETIC" AGE 32!
PUMPING FOR 2+ YRS, WITH HUMALOG.