[IP] Why velosulin and not regular?

I have learned a lot from this list about the different kinds of insulin,
especially about mixing Humalog and Velosulin.  I know that velosulin has to
be used to mix with humalog because they both use the same buffering
material, but why do most pumpers use velosulin by itself instead of
regular?  I am just switching from humalog to velosulin, and I have used
regular a few times when I have been out of state and didn't have a
prescription for humalog.

This reminds me of another question.  Why is a prescription required for
humalog and not for the other insulins?  Also, is a prescription required in
all states?

<-> Michael and Shelby Strong--Fayetteville, NC <->
<-> Email:  email @ redacted              <->