Re: [IP] Blood Sugar Testing

SBrown wrote:
> I have a question..
>   How long does it take to get the hang of putting in Infusion Sets?  I
> put them in and they don't work OR when I go to Bolus I get 'PAIN'....
> I have changed sets and they fel fine and it won't work. My BG climbs...
> Also I have had sets work for 2 days then not work at the end of the 3rd
> day....  I am using the Sils....

First thing is that you need to put the Sils in at the right angle for YOU.
If your put them in too steeply, which if you are thin CAN happen at the
30 degree minium recommended angle, you will likely get pain since the tip
is into the muscle layer below the fat layer you need to infuse. You might
want to try going shallower, maybe as little as 10 degrees below the surface
to get a better result.

Also, are you using Humalog in your pump? It hasbeen known to go bad after
about 2.5 days in the pump. The best method I and others have found to
correct this is to mix Humalog with R (or Velosulin) in a 5 to 1 ratio, though
some find 4 to 1 or 3 to 1 works better. Just use an older emptied insulin
bottle to premix the 2 insulins, and shake it hard and fast twice before

Ted Quick