Re: [IP] Pre-filling Reservoir!

In a message dated 10/5/98 4:08:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< The 20 or so units in the supply line have been more than enough to
 get her by until she got home and could refill the syringe. >>

It is critical for people to know that this should only be use for a temporary
situation, like no longer than about 2 hours.  I have used the air in the
reservoir technique for about 8 years and have run into troble because I
forgot that there was only air and no insulin behind the insulin in the
tubing.  As you know there is a great chance that the bgs will go sky high if
you don't replace the entire set quickly.  It is, though, a great idea for
those "oh S_ _T, I forgot a new set situations."
Good Health and Happiness, Jeff
type 1 38 yrs, dxed age 11 mths
pumping 15+ yrs