Re: [IP] Diluent for Humalog

In a message dated 9/16/98 1:23:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< what is the dilutent?  >>

Michael, Sorry for the very long delay in responding.  The diluent we use for
our son's Humalog insulin mixture is distributed by Lilly.  It is called
Sterile Diluent for Humulin N, Humulin 50/50, Humulin 70/30, NHP Iletin.
Although the bottle does not say Humalog, my son's doctor did extensive
research and specifically asked Lilly if the diluent could be used with
Humalog.  Although they would not come out and say yes they did acknowledge
that it can be used to dilute Humalog.
We dilute Sam's H at a 1/10 strength and it works great him.  In addition we
found that the diluted insulin stays active for at least three week.  It is
important to know that Sam, at age 3 1/2 is not yet on a pump.
I hope this helps.
Good Health and Happiness, Jeff
type 1 38 yrs, dxed age 11 mths
pumping 15+ yrs