Re: [IP] Fw: The Pump for Kids

I won't butden you or anyone else with negatives you don't want to hear. I like
my pump.  It is a much better treatment than shots.  But I know lots of the
problems the teenagers who lived with them for many years (some of whom quit
along the way) experience and experienced.  Those are some of the reasons
doctors are skeptical. I don't want to be the voice of doom and gloom, but I
think the reality check is important so if you want to know more you can ask.
Otherwise, I'll keep quiet this time around.  They are also skeptical b/c
diabetes care is traditionally directed at a low income, non compliant, poorly
educated audience and that audience would have a hard time using a pump without
lots and lots and lots of education and support which we don't provide in our