Re: [IP] reply Hypo and hyper signs

In a message dated 10/9/98 1:31:54 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Wow! this conversation is blowing me away.  I am going to sound pathetic
 after you read this. >>

No, we don't think you are pathetic.  While many of us have never experienced
such severe hypos as you describe, others of us certainly have and have shared
them with the group, just as you have.  We all understand how serious this is.
Stories such as yours help all of us maintain focus, that keeping our bg as
close to normal is crucial, thanks for sharing.

<< I believe HMO's have a responsibility to let patients of
all creeds, race and socio-economic-geo- political backgrounds know what
treatments are available to them. >>

Do you feel that you were discriminated against because of one of these
issues?  If so, you should definitely pursue it.  I am absolutely against HMOs
dictating care for people who need specialized services, and hope that I am
never in a position of having no other insurance options.  While an HMO may
function fine for the person who only experiences occasional colds and
hangnails, they are definitely not the answer for all of us.

Welcome to Insulin Pumpers,
Mary Jean
dx'd 1990 at age 27, pumping 20 months, MM507