Re: [IP] Some questions about Synthroid

Bob: =20
Lordy, as if getting all the math and ratios with carbs and insulin and =
your particularly body works isn't challenging enough, now you have to mix =
in two other variables......and you have no alternatives, i.e., staying =
alive alternatives.   I admire you for your always positive attitude in =
spite of those obstacles, no, I mean, tests, no, I really mean learning =

Thank you for explaining this to me.  Once again, like they said in tbe =
Book of Job,    if they threw everyone's problems out on the table and we =
could pick and choose, we would all take back our own.   You hang in =
there, Bob.  Keep on keeping on so well.=20

>>> Bob Burnett <email @ redacted> 10/09 10:29 AM >>>

I'm still in the learning process here, so I hope I'm right on with this
stuff. I'm trying to digest some of this from an old Diabetes Forecast
article, dated June 1995. I've restated with "liberal abandon" here. Hope =
get it right (and don't get sued <vbg>)

Synthroid is a pill often prescribed for folks whose level of Thyroid
Stimulating Hormone (TSH) is "out of whack". TSH is produced by the
pituitary gland, and stimulates the thyroid to release thyroid hormone =
your blood. "Thyroid hormone affects how quickly other hormones, including
insulin, are cleared from the blood". (Diabetes Forecast, June 1995).

In my case, I had a high TSH level, indicating that the pituitary gland =
releasing a lot of Thyroid Stimulating Hormone. Since thyroid hormone
affects how quickly other hormones are cleared from your blood, low =
of thyroid hormone can result in insulin staying around longer than it
should (insulin reactions). Too much TSH can result in insulin resistance.

What I'm beginning to understand is the intricate relationship of all =
things with each other, and their effects on BG control. It's fascinating,
but can also be maddening, trying to get the right balance.

Hope I got the details right :-)

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted=20