Re: [IP] Re: weight gain

You sound a bit on the thin side to be honest,  but that aside I have lost
a tremendous and quick amount of weight since starting the pump.  Although
my doctor told me the opposite would happen. I am 5'7 and weighed about 168
prior to pumping, I lost about 20lbs in 4 months after starting the pump. I
think I am metabolizing food for once in the 17 years of this disease.

Maybe you have small bones (I have extremely large bones), but people are
worried that I am getting too thin at 5'7 and 145-150lbs.

>Hello Everyone,
>          I have a real problem - weight gain. I will be going on the
>pump VERY soon and I am concerned about this weight gain issue. I have
>always been very cautious about my weight. I don't like putting on a few
>extra pounds. Are you guys telling me that I am going to balloon upwards
>and outwards when I start pumping????? I am 5'8 and weigh 135 pounds. I
>do NOT want to go any higher. When I was "younger" I was considered
>anorexic by some people but I am not. Honest!!!! I fell down to 90 lbs
>at age 17 just before I was dx with Diabetes. Diabetes was the main
>reason for the weight loss but I was still real weight cautious. Please
>tell me that this pump won't cause a major problem with my weight. I do
>realize that just as long as you are healthy that's all that matters. I
>desperately want to have my diabetes under control and feel good but I
>want to stay the way that I am. No extra pounds -
>Just thought that I would share a small worry with you.

ReThinking Paper,
Emily Miggins