Re: [IP] V& H results

>  I was surprised that I had to make no adjustments to basals of
> boluses - it acted just like Humalog.

It may seem the same, but there are subtle differences. There is a
slightly longer tail. If you inadvertently over-bolus and expect the
mix to wash out in a couple of hours, you will be rudely suprised by
the resulting low as long as 3 or more hours later. In that respect,
there are more similarities to regular. This has rarely happened to
Lily, but when she first started on the mix it 'got' her 2 or three
time when she over-did her dinner bolus's. In all other respects,
basal settings, 'apparent' timing, etc... 5/1 looks, smells, walks
like a duck (humalog). Lily tried 4/1 but the tail was too long for
her meal digestion cycle. Bear in mind that others on the list use
3/1, 2/1 and even 1/1. Each of these mixes is tailored to their
particular digestion characteristics. If you suffer from
gastroparesis, one of the 'richer' mixes may be more suitable for
you. YMMV