[IP] Endo #4 - finally, a keeper!

Hi all,

I have finally, after a year and lots of various anti-pump garbage, found
an endo I think I can deal with.  He is very enthusiastic about pumps but I
think I will need to break him in to the concept of me having some say in
my treatment.

He wants me to start on Humalog.  I mentioned potential site problems and
mixing H with R.  He said he had never heard of site degradation with
Humalog and to just take it straight up.  Sigh.  Oh well, he is definitely
educatable, even though when I mentioned this group, he gave the "internet
eyeball roll", as I call it.

Initially I was quite annoyed, since I spent the first half hour being
assessed by a resident.  But after said resident started to explain to me
the difference between type 1 and 2 and possible complications, I decided
he needed a quick seminar in making assumptions about patients.  So I
trotted out the pump and mentioned my 14 years experience with it, showed
him my admittedly obsessive log book and basically floored him.  He started
to listen and ask questions and I gave him the whole pump song and dance.

So I feel pretty good except the endo says he will decide whether or not to
change my rates based on my next A1c.  Considering I am having some blatant
spot problems, I will keep up my rate testing and fill him in along the

Thanks for the support along the way, gang.  It has been invaluable.

type 1, 19 years

Vancouver, BC, Canada
email @ redacted          http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/mappa_mundi/