Re: [IP] Infusion Sets

Lynette Parker wrote:
> Is anyone experiencing 'No Delivery', just after a couple of hours of
> inserting the Silhouttes??  Kevin my husband has been using them for
> aabout six months now, but his last six silhouttes have all jammed at
> the site.  He is only getting hours, or a day or two from them, which is
> extremely costly for him.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
> he is doing nothing different than before, he doesn't have any bumps,
> infections of any kind.

I suspect he may have tilted them in too deeply and hit muscle without
realizing it. Have him try a shallower angle. I'm rather thin and
need to go below the recommended 30 degrees below surface at many sites.

Of coursethe converse may also apply. It is possible to go too shallow and
get the end of the catheter kinked when he moves. This will sometimes show
when he pulls out the set. If so he needs to go deeper.

Ted Quick