Re: [IP] Highs after sof-set change

At 10:44 AM 10/06/1998  Eugenia Gracer wrote:
>     Hi Sam:
>     This is really new information to me regarding the amount
>bolus to
>     cover the dead space when using Silhouettes. I was told by

>my nurse
>     educator and by my rep to bolus .5. I haven't had any
>problems so far.
>     Verrrrrrrrrrry interesting.

Please read the insert that comes with the Silhouette. It's on
the back side under "Precautions". It says: "It is generally
advisable to administer a bolus of at least 0.0075cc (for
insulin: approx. 1 unit of U-100) to fill the empty space in the
cannula after the introducer needle is withdrawn". There have
been many complaints of high BGs after a set-change, and this
may be a factor.