Re: [IP] Weight gain and the pump

In a message dated 10/6/98 6:13:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< Since my
 BG has been in such tight control I have gain 6 pounds (since the pump).  I
 exercise daily but can't seem to loss it.  Any suggestions?
 Debbie >>
Debbie...are you using carbohydrate counting?  I have several patients who
have lost weight this way as they ar no longer "feeding insulin".  You do not
state your weight.  Were you at the correct weight for your height before
starting the pump? Are you eating a well balanced diet or having more
forbidden treats than usual now that you have the freedom to eat what you
want?  do you have a diabetes dietitian to work with?  Good luck.  Welcome.

Barbara B.