[IP] My weird night

Hi everyone,

Last night I had one of the strangest occurences in the 20 months since I
started pumping.  I woke up at 2:30 in a total body sweat (I know, you are
thinking "hypo"... read on).  I had my cannula in my hand and was playing with
it.  It wasn't in my body anymore!  I have no idea what was going on, but when
I realized that the cannula wasn't in me, I made myself get up and put in a
new one (not easy, I was very sleepy).  I checked my bg and it was 155.  I
don't think the cannula had been out for very long when I woke up. (thank

This was a "fresh" set, I had just changed it yesterday morning so the tape
wasn't getting loose around the edges yet.  I don't know if I was dreaming
about changing my set, or, perhaps this was some kind of freudian thing about
not wanting diabetes, so I was going to get rid of it.  Who knows?  Perhaps
the sweat loosened the tape enough that it came off.  But why was I holding
the cannula?

I don't expect answers, just wanted to share this very bizarre episode.  I'm
still baffled by it.

Mary Jean
(who is too young for menopause, so it better not have been a hot flash!)