RE: [IP] Crimping-what of it?

Ok, I'm getting a little worried.  I was on the pump about five years ago
with the bent needle system and had constant site infections and various
site problems. Was sixteen at the time and decided returning to MDI was the
best idea at the time. About a year ago I started back on the pump this time
with Sof Sets. I have pain at the site on pretty much a regular basis. I've
always just assumed I'm more sensitive and have ignored it (I hardly ever
took injections in my stomach because I'd get shooting pains for hours, my
endo told me I was full of it). I'm wondering if I should switch to
sillouettes. Just a note, when I used bent needles I had a rough time with
Also, this past summer my bg ran at over 600 (not sure of exact number
because the meter wouldn't register it) I was having the same problem as sue
gordon i.e. bent cannula had never even pierced the skin and the pump didn't
catch it.
Caroline Laret