Re: [IP] glucagon nightmare

We've only had to use glucagon in an emergency twice with Kayla.  The
first time WAS a nightmare.  She had the vomiting and hangover for hours
after.  Only after that did we find out that children aren't supposed to
get the whole amount of glucagon.  No wonder Kayla got sick!!  Based on
her body weight, she should only have gotten 1/5th of the injection
amount!  The second time we had to use it, we only gave the 1/5th and
she didn't have the side effects.  After asking other D parents I noted
that none of us had been told about the smaller doses for children.
Possibly glucagon has gotten a bad name because the doses given are too