Re: [IP] How low can you go

In a message dated 10/5/98 10:11:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<<   we eat a meal and we take our bolus - there is no insulin
 dumpage from the pancreas going on.  IF we messed up and took too much, the
 liver is still working and it dumps in the glygagen, but we also feel the low
 and dump in lots of dex tabs, oreos and orange juice....resulting in a high
 (aka as rebound),  which we cover and eventually bring us back down...The >>
if excess amounts of insulin are contributing to a low BG, the excess insulin
prevents the liver from releasing glucose...the insulin's job is storage of
glucose...it is when the brain is not getting enough glucose that the
adrenalin kicks in to tell the liver to get busy in the process of making
glucose from the stored glycogen and from protein and fat storage.

Barbara B.