[IP] Fwd: Those high-carb fats

- --part0_907599489_boundary

Not really high carb, but I never fail to address those also when I dose
myself.  Now, I'm not on the pump, just in themarket for one, but at
thispoint I do mostly low-carb, and I use Humalog for short-acting carbs or
if my bs is in need of a quick fix, thenI use Regular for proteins and fats.
This allows me to have a little more insulin hanging around and prevents
lows.  So if I'm at 150 premeal, I'll give myself 1 unit Humalog to bring
myself down, thenone unit for every ten grams of carb (sometimes as little
as zero or one unit) then i unit R for every 1 1/2 ounces or so of protein.
And of course, ideally one should wait a half hour or so to get that bs down
to 100 before starting to eat. (Do  I always? I wish I could say yes....)
Kathy        email @ redacted (Katherine Esposito)

- --part0_907599489_boundary

Not really high carb, but I never fail to address those also when I dose
myself.  Now, I'm not on the pump, just in themarket for one, but at
thispoint I do mostly low-carb, and I use Humalog for short-acting carbs or
if my bs is in need of a quick fix, thenI use Regular for proteins and fats.
This allows me to have a little more insulin hanging around and prevents
lows.  So if I'm at 150 premeal, I'll give myself 1 unit Humalog to bring
myself down, thenone unit for every ten grams of carb (sometimes as little
as zero or one unit) then i unit R for every 1 1/2 ounces or so of protein.
And of course, ideally one should wait a half hour or so to get that bs down
to 100 before starting to eat. (Do  I always? I wish I could say yes....)
Kathy

- --part0_907599489_boundary--