Re: [IP] Speech

In a message dated 10/4/98 8:44:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< .  What my question is (after all my rambling) is does
 anyone have any suggestions on how I should go about enthusiastically
 endorsing the pump without sounding like an idiot to all these medical
 people?  Any suggestions would really be appreciated.  Thanks.
 Leslie >>
I do hope Rhonda will respond here.  She spoke to a group of diabetes
educators, and impressed them immensely!!!!! My suggestions:  be yourself,
relax.  Dress well, look terrific. You do not necessarily have to "hide" your
pump, just wear it as you usually do.  Tell them what your life was like pre-
pump and how it has been improved with the pump.  Be prepared for questions
about problems you may have had initially with the pump, but do not be afraid
to explain your problem solving examples. Go for it!!! Good luck to you.  Have

Barbara B.