Re: [IP] waiting time??

Hi Elisabeth --

Just got my MiniMed 507C 9/30, and I *may* have it "hooked up"
properly...  Asked my internist for a pump back in early 4/98
... and had to wait a couple of months before my MiniMed rep
could get to me to "install it" and train me in its use.  We
kept playing phone tag.  8~/

My A1c's came down on MDI from 9.4 to 8.5 to 7.5.  Haven't yet
had a "post pump" A1c yet.

And my batteries "died" on me today.  Had to replace them and
bolus extra to cover the 2 hrs of basal insulin I didn't get
while I *didn't* know of the LO BATTERY alarm...

Anyway, GET A PUMP.  Granted they cost a lot ( 2 times the cost
of my computer ), but I notice a *great* improvement in control.

Hope this helps.

John Huff, Dayton OH
( type 1, dx @ 18 months, now 61 )
mailto:email @ redacted