[IP] waiting time??

Hi my name is Elisabeth, I am 14 years old.  I have had diabetes for almost 3
years, and have been thinking about getting an insulin pump for a couple
months now.  In June I had an A1c of 12.5, I have worked much harder at
getting better control and when I went to the doctor on Monday, It was 9.8!  I
know that's not great but it's an improvement.  However, when we talked about
an insulin pump w/ my doc that day, she said I don't have good enough controll
to go on one that my A1c needs to be around 7, she said maybe we could talk
about it more next summer!  I dont want to wait that long b/c It would
probably be over a year by the time I actually got one!   I was wondering how
long it took people to get a pump and what there A1c's were when they went on
a pump.  Thanks!
this is my moms screenname, please mail responses to : email @ redacted
or email @ redacted ...Thanks Again! = )