[IP] hard to find veins

Hello.  I haven't had time to read all my digests (I'll explain in a
minute) BUT...I did see this strand and wanted to respond...
I work in a laboratory (or did for 5 years up until this Friday, I'll
explain in a minute) and many diabetics are "hard sticks".  Here is my
logic...think of all the circulatory problems we have gastro, optical,
periphrial...it goes without saying!!!  Are veins are *defective* to use
others' words?!?!?!  Yes, I would suggest asking for a butterfly needle
for all of you that notice this problem, butterflies can cause some
problems with certain tests but usually it works well!!!!!
I have a new job.  I am now an elementary school counselor (espec. for
those of you that were following my saga).  I am happy after a year & a
half to have this job BUT I now work for the MEANEST principal in the
state of Virginia!!!!!  I am completely overwhelmed - so checking e-mail
(or at least responding as much) is out of the question right now!!!
After I get adjusted in my new position...I should be back to normal (as
normal as can be expected).  Thank god for this pump or I may have
possibly been in the hospital with all this stress!!!!!!!
    Tonya D.   :-)