[IP] Weight Loss Since Pump

In the month I have been on the pump I have lost 10 pounds.
I haven't been trying to lose weight.  I don't have a scale
at home and some friends were telling me Thursday night they
thought I had lost weight.  I saw the Nurse Practitioner at
the endo's office Friday and asked the person who does the
standard bg, blood pressure and weight checks what I weighed
when I started on the pump.  I mentioned the weight loss to
the NP and she thought that all the carbs I am not eating
for hypos might have contributed to the weight loss.

The NP also commented that I "look and sound" better.  I went
to pick up some forms from HR last week and the benefits
person commented on the same thing.  Of course I told her how
wonderful the pump is and showed off my pump <g>.  HR is
close to my department, so I see her a couple of times a week.

The extra energy I have now is great.  It is so nice to have
enough energy that I can do stuff when I get home from work.

Reduced hypos are real nice too.  I had a couple of hypos in
the night last week since my metabolism was messed up and it
made be think about how unusual that is now.  I was having at
least 2 hypos a week pre-pump since my basal needs are pretty
flat and my response to long-acting insulin is not.

A very happy pumper for 4 1/2 weeks!