Re: [IP] Pump lifespan?

I have had my Disetronic since 1962.  Out of warranty, but I'm not concerned
since I have the backup.  Disetronic will continue to do the inspection for
free and, as long as the pump checks out, will just reset the clock to go
another 2 years.  I tried to upgrade this summer, but my insurance company
turned me down because my current pump was still functioning fine.  If the
pump fails to pass inspection, then we go to the insurance with a letter from
Disetronic that states my pump is no longer functioning.
So, I guess the answer to your question is, YMWV, your mileage will vary.
Beth Smith