Re: [IP] Humalog versus Regular insulin profile

> Sam, I agree this would be interesting, but how can we possibly know
> when the insulin absorption peaks?  We dont' have anyway to measure
> this.  Just seeing when the BG falls depends on what and when you
> have eaten.  I guess, one could test this by giving a bolus without
> eating and just following the BG changes every half hour.  I've
> never done this.  Have you? Has anyone? -wm

Depends on the glycemic index of the food. Some foods convert quickly
to carb, others take a long time. There is a complete listing of
these indiceis on Rick Mendosa's On-line Resources for Diabetes.
There is a specific link to the Glycemic Index page on the LINKS page
of our website.