Re: [IP] humalog vs. velosolin

In a message dated 9/29/98 8:14:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted
<< A major downside is that
 Humalog pretty much requires you to change sites every 2-3 days

>Thanks for the valuable info but please remember YMMV. I use H
>and change
>every 4 days.  In fact today, my 4th day, I some how went very
>low meaning
>that the H was still working strong.  Although I must admit my
>basal was set

I did qualify it by saying "pretty much"... <vbg>

The 2-3 days advice is what the medical professionals use. I
think the official literature says to change every 2 days but my
CDE said than many people go for 3. I, personally, can often get
3 1/2 days before I run out of insulin and no site problems at
all. If you can get more time, great... but I hate to build up
false expectations in someone who is trying it for the first