[none]

Wed Oct 15 13:30:56 1997
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 13:18:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rosalind Mincher <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] ROZ
To: email @ redacted
Cc: email @ redacted

Thanks for all the suggestions. I must not have had the cartridge in the
softserter correctly. It is not doing that now. I have used it two or
three times since it bent the needle. When I use it now, the area seems
much better than when I manually inserted the set.
David, the podiatrist I see has an internal pump. He came and gave a talk
at our local ada support group. The internal pump sounded great until he
said a couple of things. That was a couple of years ago. I wonder if what
I remeber is correct or if the pump is different now. I had thougt he had
said there were only two basal rate settings. He also has a slight bump
where it is under his skin. He is a very slender man. He too likes the
pump. It would make a marvelous closed system if they can get meter to go
with it. Thanks to you who are trying to find us help. Has the insulin
you use been approved here yet? How do you get the insulin if it is only
available in Germany? I am still fascinated at the prospect of having a
closed wystem available some day.
Welcome to all the new people, you are joining faster than I can learn
names! I have learned a lot from this group and anyone considering a pump
should really enjoy this group. Good health to all, Roz