[IP] Internal pump

David, thanks for the info.  Very interesting.

Karen, The reason I tried the plastic cartridges was that they are cheaper
than the glass.  I'm always loking for a way to save a buck, so I thought I'd
give it a try.

Bob,
I think I have the latest version of the piston rod.  The first time I used
it, I had the original piston rod.  Fortunately, I had ordered a new piston
rod at some point, so I had the other that would work.  I was kind of ticked
that Disetronic would send the plastic cartridges without making sure you had
the compatible piston rod.  I really should say something to them.

Thanks everyone who responded to my questions.
Beth