Re: [IP] Disetronic plastic cartridges

At 12:38 AM 10/15/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi, Beth and other Disetronic users---  What is the advantage of using
>plastic over glass.  Isn't plastic more permeable?  I actually didn't even
>know that plastic was an option.    Karen

Karen:

Plastic cartridges *are* an option - features include: graduated markings
on the outside of the cartridge, just like any other syringe; no need to
use a "cartridge filling aid" to fill them (therefore, they fit into my
emergency kit easier).

Plastic may be more permeable - I'm not certain about medical grade
plastics. I couldn't imagine this being an issue. Maybe someone else has
insight on this.

Overall, I do not see any major advantage of one cartridge over the other,
but perhaps time will tell. I currently use them interchangeably, since I
have a supply of each.

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted