Re: [IP] Crystallization - What to look for?

> I have noticed references in the past to "Crystallization" of insulin,
> specifically relating to infusion sets. Can someone explain what to look
> for, and how this problem typically manifests itself?

I've only seen it once.  Imagine the whitish color of ice that
contains lots of microscopic air bubbles.  It is not large, just a
spec in the tube.  Lily had it at once at a spot in the tubing that
had been crimped.  That is... the tube had a permanent deformation
that would not come out. The crystal(s) formed there and the tube was
blocked.  The pump complained when she tried to bolus for a meal.
That was a couple of years ago.

Michael

Michael <email @ redacted>