RE: [IP] Diabetic donors -Reply

I have donated blood several times since becoming diabetic, although I
can't recall if any have been since I went on the pump.  The
interviewing nurse would often have to check with a supervisor or check
their big book listing disease that could and couldn't donate.  When I
gave to Red Cross, they gave me no problem.  When I gave to the Stanford
blood bank, they required a note from my doctor that it was ok for me to
donate.

- - Jodi