[IPn] Perspective

I thought perhaps I would put the pledge drives in perspective. If
you are a public radio listener, then you know that pledge drives
take an inordinate amount of air time. Several time a day there are
pledge breaks that last anywhere from 15 minutes to as much as 30
minutes or more, SEVERAL TIMES A DAY during the drive. This goes on
until the funding goals are reached or exceeded.

I'm not fond of pledge drives and am mindful that they can be
annoying. During Insulin Pumpers quarterly pledge drives, messages to
the list are limited to less than one message day -- that takes a few
seconds to read at the most. It is a necessary evil that this service
must pay its bills. I'd be more than happy to forgo the bucks raised
in this manner if there were another source of funding, but I don't
happen to be a zillionaire myself and have not been able to get Bill
Gates or his ilk to foot the bills. In the mean time, the pledge
drives must continue each quarter and go on until the needed funds
are raised to pay day to day expenses. The alternative is to stop
what we do. Sorry, I don't have another solution.

Many of you may not realize that it takes a lot of effort behind the
scenes to keep Insulin Pumpers going. Insulin Pumpers is run entirely
by volunteers (well, I do get paid $1 per years...) Someone is
working behind the scenes 24/7 to keep IP running and available to
server the diabetes community. Absent all that effort, I'm pretty
sure that chaos would prevail in our hugh mail forum and the content
of the web offering would not be nearly as good as it is. There much
more we could do for sure if there were additional funds available --
I have reams of material just waiting to be published, however, many
would agree that Insulin Pumpers presents a premier service to the
diabetes community. I'd like to keep it that way and improve things
if possible.

To those that have contributed now and in the past, thank you for
your generosity. To those of you who have yet to make a contribution
and are financially able, I challenge you to help support this forum
and keep it healthy and financially strong. If you participate and
feel that Insulin Pumpers has helped you and you enjoy the support of
your fellow forum members, then make a contribution to support YOUR
forum. With thousands of members we're talking about a penny and a
half a day if everyone would contribute. You probably lose more
change than that! If each member contributed just 30 cents a month --
less than a buck!!, no fund raising would be needed to reach our
goal. I know that not everyone will do this, and to those of you who
have given more -- much more, you have my sincere thanks on behalf of
all the staff and members as well. So please won't the rest of you
consider making a contribution today.

Washington DC still has a bit over $200 to match your pledge and
double it's value until the challenge is exhausted.

To accept WASH DC's challenge or to become a SUSTAINING member,
visit:

	http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate/
or

or mail your pledge to:

	Insulin Pumpers
	558 Valley Way
	Milpitas, CA 95035

If you have an old or unused vehicle, boat, snowmobile, etc... of any
kind, visit our auto donation page at:

	http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/cars/

My best regards
Michael Robinton