[IP] Re: Contour strips and 670g

 Yes, I have the 530g and my insurance has always approved a formulary exception
for the Contour Next strips because my doctor says they're necessary for use
with the pump. She said that in her experience most insurance companies will
grant it if you say it's necessary for the pump. If you just say that you prefer
that brand or you think that brand is more accurate, they won't approve it, but
they don't seem to have a problem with being needed for the pump. Pam

 <Eileen, Jeannie here. Am wondering if it will help for your Dr's letter
toinclude the fact that the Contour is the Only meter that reads to your pump &
since the insurance is paying for the pump - they need let you use it to the
fullest....
 That worked with Kaiser several years ago when Medtronic switched from One
touch to the Bayer Contour & Kaiser wanted everyone to use One Touch. They just
need to realize that they work together...>.