[IP] Re: Novolog issues

 Yes, they say that the discount program is only good for one two year period.
So I had it about 5 years ago and then I exhausted it and they wouldn't let me
renew it. But last summer, after a hiatus of about two years, I tried signing up
again, expecting to be denied, and it worked. So if you haven't tried it for
several years, try again.
 I have the exact same Humalog allergy you do with the red welts, needing more
and more insulin to no avail, etc. That's how I've always been able to get
formulary exceptions for Novolog with no problem. My insurance said they'd also
give a tier exception but they required a doctor to request it and my endo's
office will do formulary exceptions, but not tier exceptions, so I'm out of luck
with that. I would fight it except with the $25 copay program I'm okay for the
next year and a half. Pam

 <Every single time I tried to use this, the Novo folks said it was good for
onlyone use (whatever that was made up of I don't recall) in a lifetime. I guess
it
would be there if I needed to try. So far, no word from Optum on plan changes
for next year....
 And my Humalog allergy resulted in huge red welts at the site, and also there
was a need to always need more and more insulin.>