Re: [IP] DL and Diabeasties WAS Getting a Texas driver's license

MN has been doing exactly that for over 40 years, ever since a T1 passed
out behind the wheel and killed a young man.  His mother campaigned for
legislation that requires all IDDM people to note that we take insulin
on the drivers license application and also provide a physician's
statement every now and then that we are capable of driving a motor
vehicle.  The rule is sadly in need of an update because it was written
even before the days of home glucose meters.  The state legislature that
is too distracted by side issues to even get to figuring out how to run
the gov will probably never get around getting the IDDM driving rule
relevant to the 21st century.

Denise Br.