[IP] DL and Diabeasties WAS Getting a Texas driver's license

 I'm glad that people who are taking care of themselves (& their D) can get a
DL, (I'm not sure how self reporting helps? since truth may be elusive/changed?
) but the idea that a person is now in a permanent database with medical
condition/label concerns me as a 'privacy issue'

MichelkeS
 For safety, people with dementia, permanent vision issues, etc may not be
eligible for a DL either, but those conditions may be worsening/permanent?

On the other hand,
 Diabeasties, some seizure conditions, over drinking/dope-medications, and many
other conditions may be temporary/conditional, where medications, control,
recovery from (eye) surgery, etc might allow the person to drive 'later'

 It's a tough balancing act, How do we make things safer for everyone while
balancing our privacy ?