From: "tom bugby" <email @ redacted>
To: "IP" <email @ redacted>
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2016 7:50:54 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] WHY DID I GO SO LOW??

Could it be a change in diet? I am a T1D of 24 years and withheld to a
ketogenic diet about a year ago. B When I made the lifestyle and diet change
everything went haywire! First of all, I needed WAY less insulin and
secondly, it seemed that the time it took fir insulin absorption and carb
absorption became greatly exaggerated. I had crazy lows literally 5 hours
after a bolus with no physical activity. B It took a but of trial and error
but a have dialed it in. B I now have my "insulin on board" setting in my
pump to 5 hours instead of 4 and after some tweaks to my basal rates, I'm
solid.
Long story short, you may want to look at what it was that you ate the
night before and thunk about what might have caused the change.
Another option could be an insulin pump malfunction. Those are my only
thoughts. B Good luck

On Nov 27, 2016 8:23 PM, "Richard Price" <
email @ redacted> wrote:

> B I use a CGM, and for night time I have found that my sensor lags about 20
> points when my blood sugar is dropping. I figure that when I test in the
> 70's
> with the meter, I am starting to go low and I need glucose. Because of the
> lag
> in the CGM reading, the CGM will indicate 90 to 100 while my meter test is
> actually in the 70's, so I set my CGM alarm. To 90 or 100. Thus when it
> alarms I
> am not already low and I am able take some tabs to prevent going low.
>
> Richard
>
> B > On Nov 27, 2016, at 6:24 PM, Yessi Pal
> <email @ redacted> wrote:
> >
> > I had a major low during the night, drenched in sweat and not really
> > conscious most of the time. When I finally regained my senses enough to
> > test my BG was 52. I ate 35 carbs of glucose tabs which should have shot
> by
> > BG through the roof but never went over 115 so I must have really need a
> > lot of sugar. B My sensor history showed a sharp drop at midnight (My BG
> > tested at 113 at 11:30). My last bolus was four hours earlier with dinner
> > so I had no active insulin. This is the worst low I've ever had and I
> > didn't come out of it easily. What could have caused this? I'm a Type 1
> > with a 5.0 A1C and very steady nighttime BGs. I test and usually have a
> > small snack based on my BG reading. I've been blessed not to have to rely
> > on my sensor at night and have never figured out a good way not to get
> > woken up during the night by "lost sensor, predicted lows", etc. B I'd
> > greatly appreciate any ideas you have on understanding (and maybe
> > preventing) this because it was scary!
> > .
> .
(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)