[IPn] worthy of my support

Hello Pumpers and Friends,

A Tennessee member wrote to me with these comments that I wanted to
share with you
<quote>

I wanted to let you know how valuable Insulin Pumpers is to me. I've
been a T1 for 39 of my 51 year... Every person has special dates is
his or her life: a birthdate, high school/college graduation date,
marriage anniversary, diabetes diagnosis date. I think most IPer's
would also include the date on which they started pumping, in my case
10/3/03. A relative of mine, who'd heard about IP and thought I
should get a pump, suggested I go to the site and learn about
pumping. It didn't take me long to see how enthusiastic and
passionate IPer's felt toward their pumps and toward each other.
Every day I eagerly await the IP's digests which I read thoroughly.
Being a rather shy and introverted person, I seldom reply to the
digests but enjoy reading them daily. There's so much information on
the IP site, not just about pumping, but other information re
diabetes. When I was doing my research on which pump to get, I went
to each manufacturer's website and spoke to respective customer
service reps.

Every one of the customer service reps referred me to the IP site!
Seems like they know how valuable the site is; my decision to go with
my chosen pump was based largely on what I learned from the site and
from fellow pumpers offering their opinions and guidance via the
daily digests. There's always something new to learn about diabetes
and pumping, in particular. I can't think of another organization so
worthy of my support. I contribute a very small amount of money each
quarter to help support IP, and I feel badly because I'm not able to
contribute more.

But I strongly feel that IP is one organization worthy of support
because diabetes affects us every day and the more we can learn about
it and how to manage it better, the greater our chances of helping
prevent complications. I would be greatly saddened if one day there
wasn't sufficient financial support to maintain IP's existence.
That's why I contribute . . . I want future pumpers to be able to get
the valuable information and encouragement just as I did. Every day
there are more and more people who visit the site to learn about
pumping. What a resource IP is to these folks. I've also found that
if you have a question or problem relating to diabetes in general,
there's a great chance that either IP or one of its members has had
the same problem or question and will be able to share their answers
or experiences with you. I've found that IPer's seem to be more
informed about diabetes than those who are non-pumpers, at least
that's the way I was before I started pumping. There's so much
information and help provided by IP. I've learned more about pumping
and diabetes management from the IP website and digests than I have
from my endo and PCP. In my opinion one of the ways we can help
Michael and the many IP volunteers who keep IP going strong, is to
provide financial support, no matter how small that amount might be.
Thanks, too, to all those many members who contribute regularly to
help sustain this valuable organization that has helped others and me
so much.
</quote>

How valuable is Insulin Pumpers to YOU? If you would like to share
your comments, please send them to me privately and I will post them
with a pledge request for our Fall Pledge drive.

....speaking of which, MARYLAND has just a few dollars left on her
challenge. You can still double the value of YOUR pledge by
making accepting her challenge. Please help support Insulin Pumpers
for reasons like those above or your own.

To make a matching contribution toward MARYLAND's challenge, or  to
become a very much appreciated sustaining member:

	http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate/
or

	Insulin Pumpers
	558 Valley Way