[IP] Re: Followed Pam Brown's Advice -Filed Grievance with Kasier Permanente

Thank You Pam for most recent advice.

I am in CMS Region 9.

 Placer County, CA.

  Last year when I had ongoing phone calls with SHIP, I was told by one
individual in a phone call w/ SHIP that KP did NOT have a Part B drug plan.
She did NOT offer  to assist me further. I met in person with a SHIP
Volunteer. I did what Medicare told me to do in talking w/Pharmacist and
having the Pharmacist phone Medicare...which he refused to do.

Been attempting to resolve the Insulin Used In Insulin Pump billed correctly
to Part B since September 2015.

Today I received a phone call from KP Appeals person. They told me that they
could NOT see Humalog as an approved insulin to be billed to Part B and that
she needed to talk with the Pharmacy.  (I AM TEARING MY HAIR OUT!  All
attempts to get cooperation from the Pharmacy in past have FAILED). I am being
calm, cool, and collected in hopes of getting HELP with newest APPEALS
individual.  Person is supposed to phone me on Monday, November 14th with what
she learns.

I did attempt to locate a form on the CMS site to write the Advantage Plan
complaint upon BUT was not able to find a specific form.

Hoping for a resolution!

Becky LaSpina

Type I since 1957

Animas PING current pump