[IP] Re: (IP) Pam Brown - Another Part B insulin question

 Hi again Laddie. Yes, when I counsel people, whether they're happy or not about
starting on Medicare all depends on what kind of coverage they're coming off of.
Like you, I pay outrageous premiums with so-so coverage for my ACA plan
(although it's thousands of dollars less per year than I was paying prior to ACA
with my HIPAA guaranteed issue plan), so in comparison Medicare will save me a
bundle even if I get the most expensive Medigap and drug plan. (Of course that
may not be true if they still don't cover CGMs five years from now when I turn
65). However people who've had cadillac employer coverage or highly subsidized
ACA plans gripe about how expensive Medicare is. So like most things it's all
relative.
 I'll check out your blog when I get a chance. Thanks for helping educate
people. Pam

 <I know some people who are doing just fine onMedicare and I know others who
struggle. I used to dread moving to Medicare,
but I am currently in the individual pool in Minnesota. Webve lost multiple
insurers and the rates are so high that anything looks good in comparison.>