Re: [IP] Coumadin

I received a new aortic heart valve on October 29 at Mayo Clinic.  The
operation went very well.  Cardio rehab may kill me.

Has anyone out there found a connection between insulin resistance and
Coumadin?  I seem to be Coumadin resistant and am up to 10 mg a night.  As I
approached that amount, my insulin seemed to become more efficient.  That is
to say that I started to have lows after the same meal and the same bolus
as always.
Last night around three am I was 69.  I was so surprised that I re-tested.
The second test was 57.
I came out of Mayo 25 pounds lighter, but the lows didn't start for weeks as
Coumadin dose rose.

Looking for suggestions.  I have five more moths of Coumadin.  I am thinking
of reducing boluses from 1/8 to 1/10, and basal from 1.65 to 1.60 with
midnight to 9 am from 1.75 to 1.70.

Jeff Gamble
Big Bay Lighthouse B & B
P O Box 3