[IP] Three Misc. Thoughts

 1.) I never gave any thought to what keeping well hydrated will do with CGMS. I
found the advice from Melody excellent and will be drinking more now b
particularly at night.

 2.) I also wanted to call attention to the economical cost of Livongo strips. I
have been using them in addition to my OneTouch which are covered by my
insurance yet I am restricted as to how many I can have per three month period.
Additionally my secondary insurance always denies the One Touch because Medicare
does. It takes at least three more months to get them covered. It is in the
contract my former employer has with Cigna but they predictably deny it then
recant when I persist.

 For those of you who have unreasonable restrictions or hassles with Medicare,
you might consider Livongo (short for bLiving on the Gobb&. www.livongo.com).
It costs $25 a month for unlimited strips but you only get one meter and it has
to be recharged like a phone. I just leave mine in my work area where I am for
hours each day and use it without dreading how many strips I use. It can be
cancelled at any time. I think it is a great alternative to buying on the
Internet or back-market if you donbt have coverage.

 3.) I remember 16 years ago when Felix was giving such wise advice that I asked
if wearing the MM pump (507 at the time now 530G) in the bra would create any
problems. He and several others assured me that the pump was engineered to not
radiate anything harmful. Now 16 years later I have a definite tightness and
some pain across the sternum. Of course I have stopped wearing the pump in my
bra but has anybody else noticed anything like this?

Jean