[IPn] Just received this from a long time IP member

I have been a member of IP for about 19 years. I'm thankful for the
friendship, the support both emotional and financial. For knowing
that there are others who are dealing with the same issues as I.
It's easy to forget how valuable IP is until you lose your insurance
or you find that any insurance that's available to you is so
expensive, it's still not really available. A 30% co-pay on insulin
that costs $170 per vial is ~ $50. X 3 per month = $150. For a year =
$1800. (Canadians can buy a vial of Humalog for $30.) And that's just
the insulin...

Unfortunately in this society, money is needed for everything. But at
least, if you donate to pumpers,  you can be sure that your funds are
going to a very useful cause.

It's also easy to forget that it's not just an elist. It's a whole
organization of people who are volunteering their time out of the
goodness of their hearts. There's a lot that goes on behind the
scenes; All of the stuff that Michael and others manage, supplies,
resources, the email servers, office space, educational articles,
etc. and all the work that's done getting people and corporations to
donate. There are personal emails, help,phone calls ...  these emails
are not sent across the list. Friendships are made and I still keep
in touch with pumpers whom I've never met but we offer support to
each other at a distance.

If everyone of our 8000 members gave $1, Michael would have $8000 to
keep IP going. That would be a nice way to support each other. Think
of it like "Give a penny - take a penny". Donate now, and maybe some
day in the future when you need help pumpers will hopefully be there
for you.

It's extremely easy to donate...

Sue
=====================