[IPn] things to be thankful for

Hello Pumpers and Friends,

As Thanksgiving Day approaches I'd like to let everyone know what we
at Insulin Pumpers are thankful for. First, your support for without
it none of this would be possible.

(Let me know why you are thankful for IP and I'll share it with the
forum instead of one of my boring pledge messages ;-)

IP's mission is to bring the knowledge about solutions to everyday
diabetes management problems and modern technology to "people with
diabetes, their families, health car professionals and the public".
Additionally, we try our best to provide a small but vital stream of
supplies to pumpers that have fallen on hard times and are without
jobs and insurance. To do all of this IP must reach the largest
possible audience. This is a daunting task, but I believe that IP has
made a large and positive difference in peoples lives since its
inception. There are just a few indicators....

1) the number of kids on the KIDS list has gone from ZERO twenty
years ago to thousands. When IP began, it was almost impossible to
put a child on the pump. That list of kids alone, shown to reluctant
endos, has swung the decision in favor of the pump for a large number
of children and still does to this day.

2) When IP began, there were only about 50,000 pumper in the United
States around 100,000 world wide. Today there are close to half a
million pumpers in the United States alone with hundred's of
thousands worldwide. In part due to the educational effort of IP and
the general membership of this site "spreading the word".

3) The membership of IP has grown from a dozen or so folks to over
8,000 ACTIVE participants in our world wide forums with from every
continent except Antarctica. Along the way, IP has served 10's of
thousands families and individuals.

All of this is possible because of the support YOU provide to keep
this organization going. It is far more than a "web site" or a "mail
list". What makes IP great is the people who belong to the forums,
the volunteers that work behind the scenes to make things happen and
the knowledge and know-how that we are able to provide EVERY MEMBER
and NEWCOMER.

Your support is vital to continuing this mission.

If you have not made a contribution because you think it's not
needed, think again.

If you have not made a contribution because you think someone else or
some "big" company will step up to the plate, think again.

If you think IP's not worth it to you, think again. Why do you keep
coming back?

Pledge drives will continue because they must. There is no other way
that I've found to pay the bills for Insulin Pumpers. We CAN make
pledge drives shorter if more people will give a little. I've never
asked you to give much and I'm sure most of you can afford $5, $10,
$20 bucks a YEAR. Most magazine subscriptions are that much, there
are many more examples that I won't bore you with.

If you think the work IP does is important then help out with a few
bucks. If you get something from IP, give something back, that's all
I ask.

To encourage you to make the right choice, the gang of 8 generous IP
members will match your donations up to the $1,500 dollars that they
have offered in their challenge..

That's right! a FIFTEEN HUNDRED BUCKS to help double the value of
your pledge to Insulin Pumpers. Will you give $10, or $20, or $50 to
help match this challenge?

To accept the GANG of 8's challenge, or to become a SUSTAINING
donor for Insulin Pumpers, visit:

	http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate/
...or mail your pledge to:

	Insulin Pumpers
	558 Valley Way
	Milpitas, CA 95035

In the UK & EU, you can visit the donation page at:

My best regards
Michael Robinton
Executive Director
..