Re: [IP] Re: Help- advice on how to use regular insulin in pump

> Hi everyone, I arrived in northern Mozambique today for work from my
> base in South Africa and I realized I forgot to bring my humalog
> insulin. I have found regular insulin but no humalog here- after
> scouring the town. Does anyone have any advice on how to use regular
> in the pump? From what I have found out from googling, it seems that I
> would B need to bolus about 30 minutes before eating. i am thinking I
> may also have to set a temporary basal about two hours ahead of what I

No, just an hour

see: http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/images/composite_graph.jpg

The peak for most analogs is around one hour and for regular 2 hours,
so you only have to move your time by an hour to switch from one to
the other for basal.

Michael