[IP] Re: Help- advice on how to use regular insulin in pump

Hi everyone, I arrived in northern Mozambique today for work from my base in
South Africa and I realized I forgot to bring my humalog insulin. I have found
regular insulin but no humalog here- after scouring the town. Does anyone have
any advice on how to use regular in the pump? From what I have found out from
googling, it seems that I would B need to bolus about 30 minutes before
eating. i am thinking I may also have to set a temporary basal about two hours
ahead of what I usually do. Would that be about right?
I am returning to South Africa on Wednesday so I just need to do this for
about two days until I can get back to my regular routine. I m going to be in
a refugee camp all day on Tuesday (and will need to change out this set in the
morning) I just want to avoid getting too low while Im in the camp (and also
too high because I don't want to have use the "facilities" in the camp too
many times - lol)
I would be grateful for any insight.Thank you,Tina