Re: [IP] Re: eating whatever and bolusing

The common theme here is feeling judged ;)  I feel judged by other
diabetics who don't understand why I am so darn carb-restrictive!
bottomline is we are all very different people, and some of us fit the mold
more so than others.

For examples, minimed sensors work really well in me.  Dexcom sensors don't
last beyond 8 days for me.  And I am a low carber.

Doesn't mean I'm stupid, or your stupid, or I'm better or you're better,
just means that we are different.

If we could free the diabetic community of judging in general we'd all be a
lot happier :)  Step 1 of doing this is realizing that what works for me
doesn't mean it'll work for someone else.  Sometimes I come across that way
too, because I am so darn excited to find a trick that works for me that I
just want to share it.  And it ends up becoming insulting unintentionally!

I didn't mean to start a flame war, nor did I mean to make you feel
judged.  I was wincing with envy, trust honest envy, not judgement.

I made an aMAzing splenda cheesecake this year that was nearly carb-less.
Works for me, would kill someone that reacts poorly to high fat content.
It was a pretty straight forward modification of Cook's Illustrated Pumpkin
Cheesecake except I double the spices, use splenda in the filling, and made
a pecan/oat flour crust because a gluten-free friend was coming to
dinner.   Now of course I have too much of it. ;)   Anyone in Oakland want
a slice? LOL...

Much love to you all,