Re: [IP] RE Eating whatever I want

Mike, I totally agree with you.  The main difference, though, is that I try
to stay away from fats, because they make me totally insulin resistant.
Trouble is that it doesn't hit for a few hours.  I try to extend my bolus
to take care of this.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes
it hits 8 hours later.  Oh, well.  I try to keep my head straight about all
of this and not get too upset.  I figure that as long as I have fast acting
carbs with me, I won't get into too much trouble.  I also wear a Dexcom, so
that really helps.  I also started bringing my remote for my Omnipod on
hikes and bike rides just in case my liver decides to kick in and add to
the fun of keeping my bg level!  One last thing in all of this is when our
machinery decides to have a mind of it's own.  Sometimes, I'll change my
pod and for some reason (site issue/pod problem) I just keep on going up.
Correct.  Nothing happens.  Did I count carbs wrong, is it the pump, yada
yada, yada.  In other words, the variables can be overwhelming, so I just
say that if you're doing everything right and really trying, you've just
got to give yourself a break when things don't work out.

And, sometimes, you've just got to eat what's not so great for you, enjoy
it, and hope for the best.  Susan