[IP] Re: eating whatever and bolusing

 Never said I do this every day. I am not a robot, and I also do not always
react the same way at different times of day etc. but thanksgiving is one day
that traditionally full of carb laden food. So most years I do what I want and
deal with it. I can't predict it perfectly, so I bolus and test and bolus and
test. One day of higher numbers, for me, seems like no big deal.

 This year, in contrast to most, I ate a meal very light on carbs because I went
non traditional. I ate steak, creamed spinach, salad with vinaigrette, and some
hash browns. Total carbs for the meal about 30.

 I agree that I couldn't all the time eat whatever I want and just bolus. I love
bagels, but my goodness they have a lot of crabs! So I rarely eat them or I eat
half now and then, but I am human, and sometimes I want a big old bagel with
salmon. So I deal with it with boluses the best I can. I usually go high for a
while. Same for various other foods.

Stacey M

Sent from my iPad